Tuesday, November 30, 2010

IED's, Infant Exploding Devices

So I was about to pack it in and close out this blog. I mentioned it in front of a couple of guys and work and was really surprised to hear that they were both following and thought that I should get back to it.

That was enough of a kick in the ass to get me thinking about it, and here I am.

So I was sitting on the couch trying to decide what i should write about to get back on the horse and inspiration exploded right next to me.

Robby was sitting next to me on the couch with a full sippy cup of juice. Actually it was a bit of juice and a lot of water. As we were sitting there, Robby watching toons on the tv and I was going over topics to write about in my head, the sippy cup came apart in Robby's mouth and it's contents flew all over the place. I jumped and yelled in surprise, which scared my son and had him screaming at the top of his lungs. So there we are. I'm screaming like a little girl jumping off the couch and he is standing soaked in juice crying in fear. Isn't being a parent fun!! So I picked him up and calmed him as I changed his clothes. It is incredible how fast kids can recover. He was playing a laughing within two minutes. It also reaffirms that I love being the person that can bring a smile back to his face.

Not soon after Robby got a fever. He was really hot and then when Dani and I were trying to give him some Infant Tylenol he turned into my chest and BAM!!! Hot Wet and Stinky! I got hit with a vomit bomb. My poor little boy and I were covered in his stomach contents, I was surprised again and he was screaming with tears streaming down his face. Sound familiar?? This time Dani had to deal with clean up, which luckly consisted only of our clothes and a towel, while Robby and I washed up in a shower. Again the silver lining was that I was able to put a smile back on my kids face after such a horrible experience.

Another example of yin yang in my journey of being a parent.

1 comment:

  1. You know I'll be honest. I wasn't sure how well my blog would be taken either. I didn't think that many people would even want to read about my experiences as a dad. Well I was wrong as well. My boss is an avid follower as are many people at work and many people my wife works with. You wouldn't believe how many people now come up and just say something to me about something I have written. I was using it more as an outlet for my frustrations and people actually enjoy reading it all! Amazing. Keep it up dude!

    ReplyDelete