Wednesday, August 4, 2010

F Morning Sickness

I'm in a foul mood over this pregnancy so far. And foul is not what the F in the title stands for.

With our first child Dani (love of my life) did get morning sickness or at least she was nauseated most of her waking hours. This time around it is crippling her. She is doing her best to get through each day, but she is sick to her stomach all of the time. To be perfectly honest this is BS! Doesn't she have to go through enough without adding nausea to the list, and not just a little here and there but constantly all day long. Speaking of that, why is it called "morning sickness," it lasts from her waking moments until she crashes at night. After seeing her going through all that she had to with our first kid I find it hard to believe that there are families that have more than one child.

For me this is probably one of the most difficult parts of pregnancy. Not only is there nothing I can do to make her feel better, but I am the cause of what is hurting her. Direct cause and effect. Tab A into slot B. You know, I don't think I need to go any further into it than that. I spend my life trying to spare my family pain and here I've caused her weeks of pain and suffering.

But in the end when I get to hold that new little bundle...I hope that Dani forgives me and says that it was all worth it. Otherwise...well then it all goes back to that first F.

No comments:

Post a Comment